* (no subject)
@ 2022-06-12  9:42 Marty E. Plummer
From: Marty E. Plummer @ 2022-06-12  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rtc; +Cc: linux-kernel, a.zummo

alexandre.belloni@bootlin.com
Bcc:
Subject: RTC: utility function: days to year/month/days?
Hello.

I'm currently working on a rtc driver for my soc (HiSilicon Hi3521a, and
at least one other, potentially more), and it stores time in the
following registers:
RTC_10MS_COUNT: 7 bits, 10ms increments
RTC_S_COUNT, 6 bits, 1s increments
RTC_M_COUNT, 6 bits, 1m increments
RTC_H_COUNT, 5 bits, 1h increments
RTC_D_COUNT_L, 8 bits, 1d increments, low bits
RTC_D_COUNT_H, 8 bits, 1d increments, high bits

No months or years. Is there any utility function one could use to
convert 0-65535 days into year/month/days already in the kernel, or is
that something I'll have to roll myself?

Mail receipients taken from ./scripts/get_maintainers.pl -f
drivers/rtc/rtc-core.h, so if I'm pinging someone I shouldn't, my
apologies.

Regards,

Marty Plummer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-06-12  9:46 UTC | newest]