Hi Paul, On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:47:18 -0500 Paul Moore wrote: > > I asked this on a previous conflict but never received an answer so > I'll ask it one more time: is there a recommended way to notify > linux-next of an upcoming conflict? I generally notice the merge > conflict within a few minutes of merging the patches into a -next > branch, and fix it shortly afterwards. I'm happy to provide a > heads-up, and a merge example, but I'm not sure what the process is > for that, if any. Or, would you simply prefer to notice it yourself? > I'm not bothered either way, I just thought you might appreciate the > heads-up. Sorry about that. Some maintainers will just send a "heads up" email with a suggested resolution patch (but I don't get very many). That can be very helpful for complicated (or non obvious) conflicts. I still generally look at how to fix them myself (and report them), but it can save me considerable time in particularly obscure cases. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell