On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 01:21:34PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote: > On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 at 13:09, Christian Brauner wrote: > > > > It's used to compare pidfs and someone actually already sent a pull > > request for this to another project iirc. So it'd be good to keep that > > property. > > Hmm. If people really do care, I guess we should spend the effort on > making those things unique. So, I cleaned that patch and took the chance to simplify things a bit more and now we give the same guarantees for 32bit and 64bit. We're still removing a lot more code than we add. I provided a detailed description and some already existing users. If you're fine with it I would ask you to please just apply it or if you prefer I can send a pull request tomorrow. I'm still stuck at the doctor's office. I spent most of my day compiling and test i386 kernel and userspace. Surprisingly, trauma isn't the best teacher because I had completely forgotten how horrible it all is and I'm glad I'm back in a world where 64bit is a thing.