Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2021, 07:30:03 CET schrieb Masahiro Yamada: > On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 2:42 PM Rolf Eike Beer wrote: > > Am Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2021, 13:49:12 CET schrieb Rolf Eike Beer: > > > Otherwise build fails if the headers are not in the default location. > > > While > > > at it also ask pkg-config for the libs, with fallback to the existing > > > value. > > > > Can someone please take this through the kbuild-tree? Noone seems to be > > interested in picking this up so far. > Is 'PKG_CONFIG' necessary? > > I see many Makefiles hard-coding 'pkg-config'. Well, it depends ;) When people use pkgconf then this usually installs a pkg-config alias, too, so that would be no problem. The problem comes when other places in the kernel start copying that code over, and then hardcode pkg-config for stuff that needs a prefixed pkg-config because it is about target code. Given that I would prefer it this way, but YMMV. If it is that variable that blocks integrating I'll change it. Eike -- Rolf Eike Beer, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax +49 551 30664-11 Gothaer Platz 3, 37083 Göttingen, Germany Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen, Amtsgericht Göttingen HR B 3160 Geschäftsführung: Heike Jordan, Dr. Uwe Kracke – Ust-IdNr.: DE 205 198 055 emlix - smart embedded open source