On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:12:42 +0100, Andi Kleen said: > > OK, short of making IPv4 a module (which would be a worthy task :) > > At some point there were patches, it is probably not very difficult. > But DaveM resisted at some point because he didn't want people > to replace the network stack (although I personally don't have a problem > with that) Personally, I wouldn't find replacing the ipv4 stack very interesting. However, stress-testing your system for IPv6-readiness by doing 'rmmod ipv4' :) (Though I admit it's something I'd *try* if it was available, but certainly not sufficient for a reason to do it...)