Hi, On Tue, 2018-07-10 at 10:42 +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote: > On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 10:01:10AM +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > > +static int cedrus_remove(struct platform_device *pdev) > > +{ > > + struct cedrus_dev *dev = platform_get_drvdata(pdev); > > + > > + v4l2_info(&dev->v4l2_dev, "Removing " CEDRUS_NAME); > > That log is kind of pointless. Fair enough, I'll get rid of it. > > +static void cedrus_hw_set_capabilities(struct cedrus_dev *dev) > > +{ > > + unsigned int engine_version; > > + > > + engine_version = cedrus_read(dev, VE_VERSION) >> VE_VERSION_SHIFT; > > + > > + if (engine_version >= 0x1667) > > + dev->capabilities |= CEDRUS_CAPABILITY_UNTILED; > > The version used here would need a define, but I'm wondering if this > is the right solution here. You are using at the same time the version > ID returned by the register and the compatible in various places, and > they are both redundant. If you want to base the capabilities on the > compatible, then you can do it for all of those properties and > capabilities, and if you want to use the version register, then you > don't need all those compatibles but just one. > > I think that basing all our capabilities on the compatible makes more > sense, since you need to have access to the registers in order to read > the version register, and this changes from one SoC generation to the > other (for example, keeping the reset line asserted would prevent you > from reading it, and the fact that there is a reset line depends on > the SoC). I concur, let's move this to a compatible-based logic instead! > > +int cedrus_hw_probe(struct cedrus_dev *dev) > > +{ > > + struct resource *res; > > + int irq_dec; > > + int ret; > > + > > + irq_dec = platform_get_irq(dev->pdev, 0); > > + if (irq_dec <= 0) { > > + v4l2_err(&dev->v4l2_dev, "Failed to get IRQ\n"); > > + return -ENXIO; > > + } > > You already have an error code returned by platform_get_irq, there's > no point in masking it and returning -ENXIO. This can even lead to > some bugs, for example when the error code is EPROBE_DEFER. Right, I'll fix this and all the similar issues you mentionned. [...] > There's also a bunch of warnings/checks reported by checkpatch that > should be fixed in the next iteration: the spaces after a cast, the > NULL comparison, macros arguments precedence, parenthesis alignments > issues, etc.) Thanks, I'll look into that for the next revision. Cheers, Paul -- Paul Kocialkowski, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons) Embedded Linux and kernel engineering https://bootlin.com