* RE: regarding hotpluggable devices adn linux kernel
@ 2005-01-10  7:09 Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida
From: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida @ 2005-01-10  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Greg KH

"Hotplug of FC-HBA on PCI Express bus and PnP of SCSI disk".

Thanks and Best Regards
Bhupesh Kumar Pandey

From: Greg KH @ 2005-01-10  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 12:39:56PM +0530, Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida wrote:
> "Hotplug of FC-HBA on PCI Express bus

This would involve the pci hotplug driver.  On 2.6, look in
/sys/bus/pci/slots for the different pci slots (after you have loaded
the proper pci hotplug driver for your hardware.)  To add or remove a
card, simply echo 0 or 1 in the power file in the slot that you wish to
turn on or off.  I recommend using the pcihpview program if you don't
like using echo, as it is a gui driven program to do the same thing.

The FC-HBA portion is the same if it's hotplugged or not, no difference
there.

> and PnP of SCSI disk".

It should just be added, if the whole FC-HBA comes up.  If you mean
adding another one later on, after the controller card has scanned the
bus, I don't know, ask the scsi people.

Hope this helps.

greg k-h

* file system crashed when using samba?
@ 2005-01-10  7:30 ` muzi li
From: muzi li @ 2005-01-10  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi guys:
      I have two boxes, one is gentoo, the othe is win2k. The gentoo
use gentoo kernel 2.6.10-r2.The file systems crashed last nigth, and
my gentoo box can't power on then.The step below:
      1. I mount the win2k share disk to my gentoo box.
      2. I copy 100MB file from my win2k to my gentoo box, then the
win2k box power off.
      3. I check the gentoo box log , found some smb sync errors,
      4. Then my gentoo box doesn't work, I can't exeute  any bin file
and can't change to any directory, I guess the file systems
crashed.Then I reset the box for pressing the reset button, but the
system stopped at "Mounting proc system at /proc" in /sbin/rc.

Now how can I do? Is this a kernel bug or samba bug?

* RE: regarding hotpluggable devices adn linux kernel
@ 2005-01-10  8:36 Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida
From: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida @ 2005-01-10  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Greg KH

Thanks a lot.
Now I should try my own.

Thanks and Best Regards
Bhupesh Kumar Pandey

@ 2005-01-10  7:04 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2005-01-10  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2005-01-10  6:49 Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida

From: Greg KH @ 2005-01-10  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2005-01-10  5:36 Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida
From: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida @ 2005-01-10  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Greg KH

Hello,
Recently I came across a good document "Hotpluggable devices and the linux
kernel" by you (Greg Kroah-Hartman).
This document is based on linux kernel 2.4 series. Is there any same
document which descibe the working of kernel 2.6 series.
Thanks and Regards
Bhupesh Kumar Pandey