Hi, On 29/01/2017 17:47, Sebastian Reichel wrote: > Hi, > > On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 09:54:49AM +0100, Quentin Schulz wrote: >> - added x-powers,constant-charge-current property to set the >> maximal default constant current charge of the battery, > > Since this is information about the battery and not the fuel-gauge, > it should use the WIP "framework" for information about batteries. > > Have a look at the following patchset: > > http://marc.info/?l=linux-pm&m=148411561025684&w=2 > OK. So what you propose is to have a fourth property in this new structure named design-max-constant-charge-current that gives the maximal input amperage the battery can receive? Then, I set the charger to output a maximum of this amperage by default and let the user the possibility to choose between the minimum allowed by the PMIC and the maximum allowed by the battery from sysfs. That makes more sense than what I do here in the way that I didn't protect a possible over-amperage of the battery, thing that Chen-Yu was afraid some users would do. I've a comment on the linked patches however. Though the three properties are listed as optional in the binding-dt, the implementation is saying the opposite: http://marc.info/?l=linux-pm&m=148411561725693&w=2 If I'm not mistaken, if `nominal-microvolt' or `design-microwatt-hours' is not a property of the DT node, power_supply_get_battery_info will return without parsing the other properties and even return a negative error. Thanks, Quentin -- Quentin Schulz, Free Electrons Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering http://free-electrons.com