* checking  for "config" file existence.
@ 2020-11-12 17:40 Jeffrin Jose T
From: Jeffrin Jose T @ 2020-11-12 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan; +Cc: lkml, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK

hello,

i wrote a  small program to check for the existence of "config" files
for testing projects under kselftest framework.

chmod 755 test_config.py
This file should be located in "tools/testing/selftests"
This can be run as "./test_config.py"

--
software engineer
rajagiri school of engineering and technology - autonomous

[-- Attachment #2: test_config.py --]
[-- Type: text/x-python3, Size: 554 bytes --]

#!/usr/bin/python3
# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0
# Copyright (C) 2020  RSET

import os
from pathlib import Path

ok = 0
notok = 0
for filename in os.listdir():
    fileall = Path("./"+filename)
    filecheck = Path("./"+filename+"/"+"config")
    if (fileall.is_dir()) and (filename != "kselftest"):
        if filecheck.exists():
            print(filename," [PASS]\n")
            ok = ok + 1
        else:
            print(filename," [FAIL]\n")
            notok = notok + 1

print(ok+notok,"TESTED")
print(ok, "PASSED")
print(notok,"FAILED")

* Re: checking for "config" file existence.
@ 2020-11-16 18:32 ` Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2020-11-16 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrin Jose T, Shuah Khan; +Cc: lkml, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK

On 11/12/20 10:40 AM, Jeffrin Jose T wrote:
> hello,
>
> i wrote a  small program to check for the existence of "config" files
> for testing projects under kselftest framework.
>
> chmod 755 test_config.py
> This file should be located in "tools/testing/selftests"
> This can be run as "./test_config.py"

Why do we need a dedicated script when you can do it with:

cd tools/testing/selftests; find . -name config

I see that your script also prints if config doesn't exist.
It is not a failure not have config as config is necessary
only when a test has config option dependencies.

What does this script attempting to solve?

thanks,
-- Shuah

* Re: checking for "config" file existence.
@ 2020-11-16 19:10   ` Jeffrin Jose T
From: Jeffrin Jose T @ 2020-11-16 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan, Shuah Khan; +Cc: lkml, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK

On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 11:32 -0700, Shuah Khan wrote:
> On 11/12/20 10:40 AM, Jeffrin Jose T wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > i wrote a  small program to check for the existence of "config"
> > files
> > for testing projects under kselftest framework.
> >
> > chmod 755 test_config.py
> > This file should be located in "tools/testing/selftests"
> > This can be run as "./test_config.py"
> >
> Why do we need a dedicated script when you can do it with:
>
> cd tools/testing/selftests; find . -name config
>
> I see that your script also prints if config doesn't exist.
> It is not a failure not have config as config is necessary
> only when a test has config option dependencies.
>
> What does this script attempting to solve?

according to what  you said  this script may not be necessary
thanks for the explanation :)