* Quota on xfs vfsroot
@ 2006-01-13 20:27 Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2006-01-13 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

the xfs_quota manpage says that one needs to use the "root-flags=" boot
parameter to enable quota for the root filesystem, but I do not see a
matching __setup() definition anywhere in the fs/xfs/ folder. So, how do I
have quota activated then?

Jan Engelhardt

* Re: Quota on xfs vfsroot
@ 2006-01-13 22:49 ` Bernd Eckenfels
From: Bernd Eckenfels @ 2006-01-13 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> wrote:
> the xfs_quota manpage says that one needs to use the "root-flags=" boot
> parameter to enable quota for the root filesystem, but I do not see a
> matching __setup() definition anywhere in the fs/xfs/ folder. So, how do I
> have quota activated then?

init/do_mounts.c:__setup("rootflags=", root_data_setup);

It is a general boot line flag, not xfs specific.

Gruss
Bernd

* Re: Quota on xfs vfsroot
@ 2006-01-14  9:35   ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2006-01-14  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernd Eckenfels; +Cc: linux-kernel

>> the xfs_quota manpage says that one needs to use the "root-flags=" boot
>> parameter to enable quota for the root filesystem, but I do not see a
>> matching __setup() definition anywhere in the fs/xfs/ folder. So, how do I
>> have quota activated then?
>
>init/do_mounts.c:__setup("rootflags=", root_data_setup);
>It is a general boot line flag, not xfs specific.

Ah, thank you.
Weird manpage program wrapped rootflags into "root-\nflags" at EOL, sigh.

Jan Engelhardt

* Re: Quota on xfs vfsroot
@ 2006-01-15  1:27     ` Keith Owens
From: Keith Owens @ 2006-01-15  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Engelhardt; +Cc: Bernd Eckenfels, linux-kernel, linux-xfs

Jan Engelhardt (on Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:35:34 +0100 (MET)) wrote:

>>> the xfs_quota manpage says that one needs to use the "root-flags=" boot
>>> parameter to enable quota for the root filesystem, but I do not see a
>>> matching __setup() definition anywhere in the fs/xfs/ folder. So, how do I
>>> have quota activated then?
>>
>>init/do_mounts.c:__setup("rootflags=", root_data_setup);
>>It is a general boot line flag, not xfs specific.
>
>Ah, thank you.
>Weird manpage program wrapped rootflags into "root-\nflags" at EOL, sigh.

One of the many reasons that man pages should have hyphenation turned
off.  In current *roff, the command is '.nh'.  Some older versions of
*roff used '.hy off' or '.hy 0'.