From: "Jaursch, Bill" <bjaursch@aeshen.com>
To: <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: FW: Guidance on resources for User Space Device Drivers on 2.6 kernel
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 01:29:23 -0500	[thread overview]

I have am in the process of writing a driver that is software only.  I would like to avoid the caveats of a kernel mode installable module.  I found FUSD (http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/fusd/), but would like to know if this is a stable project.

If you have any other suggestions on projects, articles, etc. on Linux User Space Device Drivers, I would greatly appreciate the information.

Please cc: me on your responses.

Thanks,
Bill