Linus Torvalds [26.04.2021 20:59]: > On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 11:47 AM Harald Arnesen wrote: >> >> Bisected to commit 776a39b8196dbca4afb69669db0d9926ffac29ab, and >> reverting this makes the machine reboot as usual. > > Hmm. That was already in rc1, so this isn't some late untested > last-minute commit that broke things for you. As I said, I could not test the various rcs this time. I had to use the machine for some work, so I did'nt want to experiment too much. > Which implies that it's likely something fairly specific to your > setup (either the config or the hardware - or possibly Void Linux > doing something other distros don't). Init system is runit, not systemd? Could that affect something? > Mind also attaching a dmesg of an affected kernel (or with the revert > in place, I guess - it shouldn't matter until the reboot ;) dmesg from 5.12 without the revert is attached. > There's a lockdep assertion there, but you don't seem to have lockdep > enabled. So it be interesting to see what happens if you > > (a) enable lockdep Will report when I have tried it. > (b) make sure to reboot in text mode so that any lockdep messages > would actually be visible. > > Maybe Johannes will go "Doh!" and see what's wrong. > > Linus > -- Hilsen Harald