* V4L2? (was Re: Linux v2.5.40 - and a feature freeze reminder)
@ 2002-10-01 10:04 Petr Vandrovec
From: Petr Vandrovec @ 2002-10-01 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kraxel; +Cc: torvalds, linux-kernel

On  1 Oct 02 at 0:32, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> And a small reminder that we're now officially in the last month of
> features, and since I'm going to be away basically the last week of
> October, so I actually personally consider Oct 20th to be the drop-date,
> unless you've got a really good and scary costume.. So don't try to leave
> it to the last day.

Gerd,
  do you have any plans for V4L2 being in 2.6 or not? There is still
sitting patch which allows you to control hue/brightness/saturation/contrast
on matroxfb's TVOut in my tree, waiting for V4L2 API defines.
Should I send current patch (which defines matroxfb_queryctrl,
matroxfb_ctrl_type, MATROXFB_CID_*... binary compatible with its
video4linux2 counterparts), or should I wait?

  I'd like to have this extension in matroxfb before 2.6, as G450's
and G550's TVOuts differ from piece to piece, and default setting
does not fit for everyone...
                                        Petr Vandrovec
                                        vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-01  9:58 UTC | newest]