On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 15:00:23 -0600, Eric Sandeen said: > On 11/13/19 2:17 AM, Namjae Jeon wrote: > > This adds the latest Samsung exfat driver to fs/exfat. This is an > > implementation of the Microsoft exFAT specification. Previous versions > > of this shipped with millions of Android phones, an a random previous > > snaphot has been merged in drivers/staging/. > > > > Compared to the sdfat driver shipped on the phones the following changes > > have been made: > > > > - the support for vfat has been removed as that is already supported > > by fs/fat > > - driver has been renamed to exfat > > - the code has been refactored and clean up to fully integrate into > > the upstream Linux version and follow the Linux coding style > > - metadata operations like create, lookup and readdir have been further > > optimized > > - various major and minor bugs have been fixed > > > > We plan to treat this version as the future upstream for the code base > > once merged, and all new features and bug fixes will go upstream first. > > Apologies if I should know this already, but where are the userspace tools > for exfat located? The upstream for that is https://github.com/relan/exfat On Fedora, they're available in the rpmfusion RPM 'exfat-utils', not sure where Ubuntu or other distros put it.