The sendmail folks are claiming that the TCPIP stack in Linux is broken, which is what they claim is causing problems on sendmail on Linux platforms. Before anyone says, "don't use that piece of shit sendmail, use qmail instead", perhaps we should look at this problem and refute these statements -- I think that sendmail is causing this problem. The version is sendmail 8.9.3 I can reproduce this bug on RH6.2, RH7.0, Caldera 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4, Suse 6.X versions, and any of these distributions with the following kernels. 2.2.14, 2.2.16, 2.2.17, 2.2.18, 2.4.0 (all). What happens is that sendmail fails to forward mails with any attachments larger than 400K, and they just sit in the /var/spool/mqueue directory for up to a week, and eventually get delivered. ANyone have any ideas if what the sendmail people are saying is on the level, or is this just another sendmail bug. Jeff