* coding style
@ 2007-06-14 18:48 Cyrill Gorcunov
From: Cyrill Gorcunov @ 2007-06-14 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML

Hi to all,

a simple question the answer to witch I didn't find in CodingStyle.
Look for a code snip:

	err = foo(arg_a, arg_b, arg_c,
		arg_d);

the second line contains 'd' arg aligned with tabs only
but it could be rewritten with more elegant style (by adding
a few spaces) like this

	err = foo(arg_a, arg_b, arg_c,
		  arg_d);

so which one is preferred for the kernel?

		Cyrill

* RE: Coding Style
@ 2001-01-23 15:07 Jonathan Earle
From: Jonathan Earle @ 2001-01-23 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Linux Kernel List'

I like this style for multiple line comments, but prefer the '//' for single
liners.  Two less characters to type after all.  :)

> int function(int x)
> {
> 	/* Bleh.  Comments take up space.
> 	 */
> 	function body;
> }

int function(int x) {
 	// I like comments.  'Sides, what else would you use the space for?
 	function body;
}

Cheers!
Jon