* Re: How can I get promise FastTrak 66 work in kernel?
@ 2001-03-04 17:53 ` Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2001-03-04 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Lau; +Cc: linux-kernel

Thomas Lau wrote:

> anyone have idea?
> I am helping my friend to ask this question, Thanks
> I mean kernel 2.4.1

Read Documentation/SubmittingDrivers

--
Jeff Garzik       | "You see, in this world there's two kinds of
Building 1024     |  people, my friend: Those with loaded guns

* How can I get promise FastTrak 66 work in kernel?
@ 2001-03-05  2:02 Thomas Lau
From: Thomas Lau @ 2001-03-05  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

@ 2001-03-12 18:22 ` Andre Hedrick
From: Andre Hedrick @ 2001-03-12 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Lau; +Cc: linux-kernel

FastTrak will not work, but Ultra will.

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Thomas Lau wrote:

> anyone have idea?
> I am helping my friend to ask this question, Thanks
> I mean kernel 2.4.1
> -

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development
ASL Kernel Development
ASL, Inc.                                     Toll free: 1-877-ASL-3535
1757 Houret Court                             Fax: 1-408-941-2071
Milpitas, CA 95035                            Web: www.aslab.com

* Re: How can I get promise FastTrak 66 work in kernel?
@ 2001-03-12 18:27   ` Andre Hedrick
From: Andre Hedrick @ 2001-03-12 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Lau; +Cc: Mark Hahn, linux-kernel

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Thomas Lau wrote:

> he is using RAID card !

He is using a fraud!

> his 2.2.x promise hacked modules work fine, but I didn't install that old
> modules, it's not support SCSI emulator

surprize gomer, shazam andi, gool-ly opie.....

When is the world going to learn that until they open souce their junk it
is not going to happen?

> well, if using 2.2.x hacked kernel, it can tell out that HD are SCSI HD (
> sda0 ), but in 2.4.x, it's display ( hde ) and can not boot up to linux!
> what's problem is it??
> -

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development

* Re: How can I get promise FastTrak 66 work in kernel?
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.10.10103041307450.14959-100000@coffee.psychology.mcmaster.ca>
@ 2001-03-05  2:34 ` Thomas Lau
From: Thomas Lau @ 2001-03-05  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Hahn; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sunday 04 March 2001 18:08, you wrote:
> > anyone have idea?
>
> it does work.
>
> > I mean kernel 2.4.1
>
> why?  use a more recent one, like 2.4.2-ac11.
Hi, well
he is using RAID card !