* Using cramfs as root filesystem on diskless machine
@ 2001-06-15 13:35 Alexandr Andreev
       [not found] ` <14506.992621390@redhat.com>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Alexandr Andreev @ 2001-06-15 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi, list.

My MIPS machine has no any disks or flopies. So i obliged to use a RAM
disk with a file system on it, which is mounted as root.
I use gzipped initrd image, which is linked to the special section in the
kernel during compilation. Now, the RAM disk size is really big, so i
decide
to use cramfs instead of ext2. In scripts/cramfs/ I found an utility that
creates cramfs file system image. But i read in rd.c, that RAM disk driver
doesn't support the cramfs.

After i create an image, how can i mount it as root file system? Where i
must put it? Which kernel command line options i must use?

Please answer, or point me to any documentation or mailing list.

[parent not found: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0106151824240.28914-100000@imladris.demon.co.uk>]