* e1000 strangeness in a dell poweredge 1650
@ 2002-08-28 17:32 Joe Kellner
From: Joe Kellner @ 2002-08-28 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,
Running a dell poweredge 1650 with two intel e1000/pro's on redhat 7.3.
We seem to be having a problem with the ethernet cards linking at 100 mbps/FDX
and only working for a few seconds (usually around 30 seconds). There are no
messages in dmesg other than when the module is loaded (Stating that port0 is
up at 100 mbs/FDX). Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround? I can
provide more information if needed.

Thanks,
-Joe Kellner

sent via KingsMeade secure webmail http://www.kingsmeadefarm.com

* Re: e1000 strangeness in a dell poweredge 1650
@ 2002-08-28 17:48 ` kwijibo
From: kwijibo @ 2002-08-28 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Kellner; +Cc: linux-kernel

I have had no problems with the e1000 and the 1650's
They run at 100Mbs and 1000Mbs fine.  I have had them
working both with RH7.3 and Debian, and even FreeBSD.
Bad NIC? Bad cable? It going into a switch, a hub?  These
things come with two NICs, do both do it?

Steve

       [not found] <288F9BF66CD9D5118DF400508B68C4460283E54D@orsmsx113.jf.intel.com>
@ 2002-08-29 23:31 ` Joe Kellner
From: Joe Kellner @ 2002-08-29 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feldman, Scott; +Cc: linux-kernel

Scott,

We resolved the issue with a reinstall of Redhat 7.3, and have not had the
issue pop back up again.

Thanks,
-Joe Kellner