Stephan von Krawczynski wrote: > I found out within minutes that this setup does not survive if you let the > Broadcom cards share interrupts with anything else. It works ok now like > this (eth2 is tg3): [...] > But horribly failed in such a setup: [...] > I cannot even produce a "cat /proc/interrupts" for this because I am not fast > enough at login (the network at eth2 is heavy loaded). I sometimes read about > problems here with tg3-drivers, and I just wanted to point you to the shared > case, maybe it has to do with this special case rather than with the drivers > internals itself. > (PS: its not the ide2-3, I checked that out) hmmm. I've attached the latest tg3, version 1.4, which I just sent off to Marcelo. It includes some fixes that may affect your 5701. Can you try two things? 1) 2.4.21-pre4 + tg3 v1.4 2) 2.4.20 + tg3 v1.4 I'm interested to know if you can reproduce with the latest driver in either of these two scenarios... Jeff