H. Peter Anvin wrote: >>On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 09:06:09PM -0600, Kai Germaschewski wrote: >> >> >>>I did some work on integrating klibc into kbuild now. I used your >>>patch as guide line, though I started from scratch with klibc-0.77. >>>The build should work fine (reminder: "make KBUILD_VERBOSE=0 ..." >>>will give you much more readable output), but I probably broke some >>>non-x86 architectures in the process. >> >>Got this output when compiling user programs: >> USERCC usr/lib/snprintf.o >>cc1: warning: -malign-loops is obsolete, use -falign-loops >>cc1: warning: -malign-jumps is obsolete, use -falign-jumps >>cc1: warning: -malign-functions is obsolete, use -falign-functions >> > > > I get the same error compiling the kernel proper for Crusoe. This is what > I like to call an "annoyance warning" where maintaining compatibility > between gcc versions emit a neverending stream of annoying messages. Maintaining gcc compatibility need not imply this annoyance. This has been fixed in 2.5.x for ages, for the main kernel build, and I recently fixed it in 2.4.x by the attached patch. We just need to move that fix over to klibc build... Jeff