* setting LAA
@ 2003-04-23 13:17 Prasanta Sadhukhan
From: Prasanta Sadhukhan @ 2003-04-23 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

    I was trying to set the LAA through the familiar command of
"ifconfig tr hw tr 4000deadbeef" but is is giving SIOCSHWADDR: Invalid
argument.

While going through the ifconfig manpage, I found that the hw classes
supported are ether, ax25, ARCnet and netcom.
"tr" is not mentioned.

Is it that setting of LAA in token ring is dispensed from the 2.4
kernels. If it is not, is there any patch for it?
Can someone please send me the patch as I tried in the net with no
success

Thanks & Refgards
Prasanta