Hans-Georg Thien wrote: > The short story > --------------- > Apple MacIntosh iBook Notebooks computers have a nice feature that > prevents unintended trackpad input while typing on the keyboard. There > are no mouse-moves or mouse-taps for a short period of time after each > keystroke. I wanted to have this feature on my i386 notebook ... It it is now possible to adjust some settings via echo ???? > /proc/tty/ps2-trackpad (1) Set the delay time to 2 Secs (default is 10 ==> 1 Sec) echo "delay 20" > /proc/tty/ps2-trackpad (2) Completely disable the trackpad (default 0). Useful if you plug in an external mouse. echo "disable 1" > /proc/tty/ps2-trackpad (3) Escape the keyboard scancode for a key. These scancodes are passed without a delay. (defaults are the scancodes for CTRL and SHIFT keys). This is useful for some applications ( like xterm ) which are using keydown events in combination with mouseclick events. You can use showkey -s to find out the scancodes of your own keys. To unescape a scancode you must apply that scancode twice! For keys with multiple scancodes you must use the *last* generated scancode. Example: define an escape for HOME-KeyDown echo "escape 0x047" > /proc/tty/ps2-trackpad