Hi, SysV semaphores support automatic adjustment at process exit. But what should happen if these automatic adjustments create an out of bound semaphore value? I can't find anything about it in the susv3 specification. - Tru64 and HP UX ignore the semadj and leave the semaphore value unchanged. - Linux (and FreeBSD) cap the semaphore value at 0 - if an adjustment would make the value negative, then the value is set to 0. Adjustments above SEMVMX are applied. What do you think about limiting the semaphore value to SEMVMX in exit_sem()? Is someone around with access to other unices? I've attached my test app. -- Manfred