...Hello, here is the promised attachment :-( Hello, I am using Kernel 2.4.20. I admit, it is the kernel of RedHat 9. I hope this is not, because RedHat did so much changes to the Kernel I was just typing a mail, when the caps lock light and the scroll lock light went on. Nothing happend anymore. No mouse, no keyboard. I resetted the computer. After that, I found the attached output in the /var/log/messages. I am running cyurs-imapd, I am not sure, if it is due to cyrus. If the buffer.c might have something to do with the filesystem: I am using the ext3 filesystem, I have ide and scsi-drives in my system. Here is an extract of lsmod: ext3 69984 4 jbd 51220 4 [ext3] sym53c8xx 67376 1 sd_mod 13324 2 scsi_mod 106168 2 [sym53c8xx sd_mod] If you need any furhter information I will provide it. Regards Corneius -- Cornelius Kölbel Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19 34131 Kassel 0561 / 816 75 34