Hi, I actually tried it. It seems that although I compiled an SMP kernel, it does not use both CPUs. I got one oops on boot. Attached is the dmesg, /proc/cpuinfo and .config combined. Although everything seems very fast. I was doing two "find / | xargs cat >/dev/null" on two terminals and I didn't notice them. Tried recompiling the .74-mm1 tree with "make -j2" and my xmms does not skip at all but my mozilla windows are slowly refreshing, even the compose window is reacting slowly. Somehow it's understandable. :-) The machine is a dual P3/500 with 512MB memory. Best regards, Zoltán Böszörményi --------------------- What did Hussein say about his knife? One in Bush worth two in the hand.