* Who's minding the IDE driver?!?
@ 2003-07-12 23:25 jiho
From: jiho @ 2003-07-12 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I've had no response to my earlier post (Subject:  IDE driver:  CBLID
revisited).

In comparing the driver to docs I have, I've noticed some things and
have more to say about the VIA support, but I'm not much for sending
e-mail to myself....

I posted to this list to begin with because I found nowhere else to take
the issue.  It seems impossible to determine who's supposed to be
maintaining the IDE driver these days.

-- Jim Howard  <jiho@c-zone.net>

* Re: Who's minding the IDE driver?!?
@ 2003-07-13  1:12 ` Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2003-07-13  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiho; +Cc: linux-kernel

jiho@c-zone.net wrote:
> I've had no response to my earlier post (Subject:  IDE driver:  CBLID
> revisited).
>
> In comparing the driver to docs I have, I've noticed some things and
> have more to say about the VIA support, but I'm not much for sending
> e-mail to myself....

I read it... saved it for later reply, even ;-)

(I'm the author of libata, a new ATA driver)

> I posted to this list to begin with because I found nowhere else to take
> the issue.  It seems impossible to determine who's supposed to be
> maintaining the IDE driver these days.

Bart is:  Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <B.Zolnierkiewicz@elka.pw.edu.pl>

Though Vojtech Pavlik is typically considered maintainer of the Via IDE
driver.

	Jeff

* Re: Who's minding the IDE driver?!?
@ 2003-07-13  5:27   ` jiho
From: jiho @ 2003-07-13  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Garzik; +Cc: linux-kernel

Jeff Garzik wrote:

 > jiho@c-zone.net wrote:
 >
 >> I've had no response to my earlier post (Subject:  IDE driver:
 >> CBLID  revisited).
 >>
 >> In comparing the driver to docs I have, I've noticed some things
 >> and  have more to say about the VIA support, but I'm not much for
 >>  sending  e-mail to myself....
 >
 > I read it... saved it for later reply, even ;-)

Yeah, it was a little long and rambling.  It was difficult, in part
because I was/am still confused by the driver.

 > (I'm the author of libata, a new ATA driver)

Is that "lib" as in "liberation"?

 >> I posted to this list to begin with because I found nowhere else
 >> to  take the issue.  It seems impossible to determine who's
 >> supposed to be  maintaining the IDE driver these days.
 >
 > Bart is:  Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <B.Zolnierkiewicz@elka.pw.edu.pl>
 >
 > Though Vojtech Pavlik is typically considered maintainer of the Via
 > IDE  driver.

Ah, many thanks.

@ 2003-07-13 14:33 ` Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz @ 2003-07-13 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiho; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 jiho@c-zone.net wrote:

> I've had no response to my earlier post (Subject:  IDE driver:  CBLID
> revisited).

Don't expect any maintainer to reply every single mail.

> In comparing the driver to docs I have, I've noticed some things and
> have more to say about the VIA support, but I'm not much for sending
> e-mail to myself....

Vojtech Pavlik is maintaining VIA IDE driver.
(please cc: me)

> I posted to this list to begin with because I found nowhere else to take
> the issue.  It seems impossible to determine who's supposed to be
> maintaining the IDE driver these days.

me 2.5 kernels.
Alan Cox 2.4 kernels. (please cc: me)

--
Bartlomiej

* Re: Who's minding the IDE driver?!?
@ 2003-07-14  3:15   ` jiho
From: jiho @ 2003-07-14  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz; +Cc: linux-kernel

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> Don't expect any maintainer to reply every single mail.

Well, of course not.  I think however the post gets into an issue I
would normally expect some maintainer to take an interest in, in some
form.  Of course, I may not have written it in such a way as to make
that very easy, although I tried.

>>I posted to this list to begin with because I found nowhere else to take
>>the issue.  It seems impossible to determine who's supposed to be
>>maintaining the IDE driver these days.
>
> me 2.5 kernels.
> Alan Cox 2.4 kernels. (please cc: me)

Thanks for the clarification.

I happen to be running 2.4.20, but from what I can see, nothing appears
to have changed that would affect this issue in 2.5.x.

In any case, it appears I'll have to rephrase and try again.... ;)

-- Jim Howard  <jiho@c-zone>