From: Koala GNU <koala.gnu@tiscalinet.it>
To: Riley Williams <Riley@Williams.Name>,
	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Linux boot code
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:17:46 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi, Riley,

thanks for your reply.

I noticed the native boot code for floppy is not supported any more. In
fact in the current code display a message and reboot the machine after
the press of a key.

But I am interested on how the old native boot code worked.

Do you know if there is a particular reason why the boot sector is moved
to 0x9000:0 (excuse me if I repeat the question, but I need help on this)?

I hope someone else can point me a site where is reported the format of
the floppy parameter table at address 0x0:0x78.

Thanks in advance and excuse me for this other post.