* menuconfig crash
@ 2003-07-19  4:28 Constantine 'Gus' Fantanas
From: Constantine 'Gus' Fantanas @ 2003-07-19  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mec, linux-kernel

To Whom it May Concern:

I experienced a menuconfig crash and I am following the notication
instructions of the error message (pasted below).  At the time of the
crash, I was in the sound configuration section and was entering the
ALSA configuration subsection. The kernel I was trying to configure was
a Mandrake 2.4.21 kernel: linux-2.4.21-0.18mdk.

Here is the error message:

-------------BEGINNING OF PASTED MATERIAL------------------------------

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here is the error
report:

 Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu73: command not found

 Please report this to the maintainer <mec@shout.net>.  You may also
 send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>.

 Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
 which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

 make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

------------END OF PASTED MATERIAL----------------------------------------

The system I was trying to configure this kernel on was an old 200 MHz
Pentium MMX with 64 MB of RAM (so old that it had PCI and USB, but no
AGP; the video card was plugged into a PCI slot).

Regards,

Gus Fantanas

* Re: menuconfig crash
@ 2003-07-20 17:37 ` Adrian Bunk
From: Adrian Bunk @ 2003-07-20 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Constantine 'Gus' Fantanas; +Cc: mec, linux-kernel

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 12:28:59AM -0400, Constantine 'Gus' Fantanas wrote:
> To Whom it May Concern:
>
> I experienced a menuconfig crash and I am following the notication
> instructions of the error message (pasted below).  At the time of the
> crash, I was in the sound configuration section and was entering the
> ALSA configuration subsection. The kernel I was trying to configure was
> a Mandrake 2.4.21 kernel: linux-2.4.21-0.18mdk.
>
> Here is the error message:
>
> -------------BEGINNING OF PASTED MATERIAL------------------------------
>
> Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
> configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here is the error
> report:
>
> Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu73: command not found
>
> Please report this to the maintainer <mec@shout.net>.  You may also
> send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>.
>
> Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
> which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.
>
> make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

This sounds like a known bug in at least one version of the Mandrake
kernel sources.

It doesn't occur in plain 2.4.21, please ask Mandrake for fixed kernel
sources.

> Regards,
>
> Gus Fantanas

cu