From: Ruediger Scholz <rscholz@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: ALSA causes APIC Error on 2.6.0-test1
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:46:34 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

as mentioned early on this list
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105861457807306&w=2) I
tried to run kernel-2.6.0-test1 with enabled IO-APIC on my P4/2.66 GHz
with an SIS645DX-Chipset. It booted quite well, but I recognize several
APIC Errors in "dmesg".
I tested the kernel a little bit, and when I played music the message
"APIC Error on CPU0 40(40)" appears a lot of times in the system.log. I
stopped the music and no further "APIC Error on CPU0 40(40)" -message
was written into system's log.

So I think the culprit for the error is ALSA-soundsystem. I use the
intel_8x0 driver for the built-in SIS7012 AC'97 Codec.
Has anyone seen the same behaviour, or knows how to stop this error?

TIA,
    Ruediger