From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
To: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>
Cc: dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net,
	kernel list <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Rusty trivial patch monkey Russell  <trivial@rustcorp.com.au>
Subject: Re: Support sharp zaurus C-750
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:18:26 -0700	[thread overview]

Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This adds support for another handheld from sharp to 2.6.0-test1,
> please apply:

I'll tweak it a bit, so that it's identifed as a C-7x0 not as
an A-300, and merge it through Greg into 2.6 and 2.4.  Thanks
for the patch!

Here's where I wish Sharp took a more enlightened approach to
their firmware:  they _could_ just modify the firmware revision
number and descriptive strings.  They're gratuitously requiring
a new host-side driver for each new product variant, which is
just a PITA.  Maybe by the time these get distributed in the US,
that can be resolved.

You wouldn't happen to have the C-760 product ID too, would you?
(That's got more flash and battery power.)

- Dave