Hi Alan, Alan Cox wrote: > 2.4.22pre7 has the unshare_files fix - its a security fix. > > It should not have changed the behaviour so I'm very interested to > know if that specific patch set changes the behaviour and precisely > what your code is doing I have now compiled vanilla 2.4.21 with the same configuration (but without the netfilter patch-o-matic patches, which shouldn't matter) - it works. But now I'm again stuck without the CLE266 module. Attached is the script that does the actual root fs switch (it is called from init after the daemons have been stopped, i.e. during runlevel change). I hope I haven't done anything too stupid in this script, embarassing myself with this post to LKML... ;) If you want, I could send you a diff of the two trees (between my patched 2.4.21 and 2.4.21-ac4 trees). But it will mostly be just your own -ac4 patch, with preempt and patch-o-matic stuff applied. Would it help if I tried it with 2.4.22pre7 ? - Rene