* Re : Re: Debug: sleeping function called from invalid context
@ 2003-07-27  8:42 Romit Dasgupta
From: Romit Dasgupta @ 2003-07-27  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akpm; +Cc: linux-kernel

/>> /
/>> Just found some debug messages like the subject above, from /
/>> the latest kernel compiled with debug options. Attached are the dmesg /
/>> output and the .config file. Not sure if anyone has seen this. /

 >Probably some initcall has more spin_lock()s than spin_unlock()s and the
 >init process's preempt count ended up permanently out of whack.

 >Please boot with "initcall_debug=1" on the boot command line and if
you see
 >a line of the form:

 >error in initcall at 0xXXXXXXXX: returned with preemption imbalance

 >then please look up 0xXXXXXXXX in System.map and let us know.

Hello Andrew,
                         Thanks for your help. The problem does not show
up on every boot. I really dont know, what causes it to trigger.
Nevertheless, I booted with the options you suggested. I kept executing
dmesg often, and this time i was lucky to get those errors back again!
So I am attaching the output of dmesg. Unfortunately, I can't see any
message like ".....: returned with preemption imbalance".

Regards,
-Romit