Paul Clements wrote: > > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Bernd Schubert wrote: > > > every time when nbd-client disconnects a nbd-device the decoded oops > > from below will happen. > > This only happens after we upgraded from 2.4.20 to 2.4.21, > > so I guess the backported update from 2.5.50 causes this. [snip] > This corresponds to the following source: > > lo->sock->ops->shutdown(lo->sock, SEND_SHUTDOWN|RCV_SHUTDOWN); > > Somehow, lo->sock is NULL here. The only way I see that this could Alright, looking back over the nbd-client source I now see what's going on. You're calling "nbd-client -d" to manually disconnect? > Would you be willing to test a patch against 2.4.21? If you're willing to test the attached patch, I'd be grateful. Otherwise I'll test it in the next few days and forward on to Marcelo... Thanks, Paul