From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari <Jean-Marc@Spaggiari.org>
To: Bradley Chapman <kakadu_croc@yahoo.com>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Kernel panic:Unable to mount root fs (2.6.0-test5)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:47:00 -0400	[thread overview]

>>I will be hapy if I can help in any kind, so, at this time, i'm going back to
>>2.4.22. (Need I to poste my .config here ?)
>

> Please do so. Specifically, post the part of your .config which shows how your
> filesystems are configured. It looks to me like you may have accidentally compiled
> ext3 as a module; if your / filesystem is ext3, it must be compiled into the kernel
> in order for the kernel to mount your root filesystem and run /sbin/init.
>
> Brad Chapman
>
> Permanent e-mail: kakadu_croc@yahoo.com

I htink I have activated all that's possible in my Kernel :

#
# File systems
#
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_JBD=y
# CONFIG_JBD_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_FS_MBCACHE=y
# CONFIG_REISERFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_JFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
# CONFIG_XFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_MINIX_FS=m
# CONFIG_ROMFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_QUOTA=y
# CONFIG_QFMT_V1 is not set
# CONFIG_QFMT_V2 is not set
CONFIG_QUOTACTL=y
CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS=y
CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=y

If you have any suggestion, I can try immediatly an send you feedback
fastly.

Thanks,

JMS.