* Re: NFS on 2.6.0-test9
       [not found] ` <NPhU.42k.19@gated-at.bofh.it>
@ 2003-11-03 17:13   ` Luke Driscoll
From: Luke Driscoll @ 2003-11-03 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Luke Driscoll <newsregister@driscollnewsletter.com> writes:
>

>>On a kernel 2.6.0-test9 as an NFS client I am having trouble transferring
>>data to and from NFS servers. It it extraordinarily slow.  I receive the
>>following information in dmesg:
>>
>>nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
>

> I see that one, too.  Apart from that, it appears to work.  Try the
> tcp option, and see if it helps.

tcp option seems to have helped, except when attempting to mount a
redhat 9 nfs server.  Mount says:
"nfs server reported service unavailable: Address already in use"

* Re: NFS on 2.6.0-test9
@ 2003-11-03 17:42     ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2003-11-03 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Luke Driscoll <news.cis@driscollnewsletter.com> writes:

>>>On a kernel 2.6.0-test9 as an NFS client I am having trouble transferring
>>>data to and from NFS servers. It it extraordinarily slow.  I receive the
>>>following information in dmesg:
>>>
>>>nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
>> I see that one, too.  Apart from that, it appears to work.  Try the
>> tcp option, and see if it helps.
>>
> tcp option seems to have helped, except when attempting to mount a
> redhat 9 nfs server.  Mount says:
> "nfs server reported service unavailable: Address already in use"

Maybe the NFS server in RH9 doesn't support TCP mounts.  I just spent
the better part of the afternoon fighting with almost every other
aspect of an RH9 system, so nothing surprises me when it comes to
redhat.  They even ship a broken perl.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se

* Re: NFS on 2.6.0-test9
@ 2003-11-03 15:52 ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2003-11-03 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Luke Driscoll <newsregister@driscollnewsletter.com> writes:

> On a kernel 2.6.0-test9 as an NFS client I am having trouble transferring
> data to and from NFS servers. It it extraordinarily slow.  I receive the
> following information in dmesg:
>
> nfs warning: mount version older than kernel

I see that one, too.  Apart from that, it appears to work.  Try the
tcp option, and see if it helps.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se

* NFS on 2.6.0-test9
@ 2003-11-03 13:42 Luke Driscoll
From: Luke Driscoll @ 2003-11-03 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On a kernel 2.6.0-test9 as an NFS client I am having trouble transferring
data to and from NFS servers. It it extraordinarily slow.  I receive the
following information in dmesg:

nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
nfs: server safe not responding, still trying
nfs: server safe not responding, still trying
nfs: server safe not responding, still trying
nfs: server safe not responding, still trying

I have also upgraded util-linux to 2.12pre

I am using various NFS servers, Solaris 2.8, Solaris 2.6, linux 2.4 and of
all things a windows server with NFS. It seems to suffer when connecting to
any one of them.

I have built from the default 2.6.0-test9 source.