Hi, Consistent oops with 2.4.23pre6aa3 after 3-4 hours running bonnie on ext3 fs through qla2300 HBA. (w SMP, HIGHMEM) The test machine was completely wedged so I ended up transcribing the oops from the vga console. No typos I think. As an aside: we're running 2.4.19pre10aa4 on a few high-load fileservers with 2.5G RAM and have been running into the same problem mentioned a month or so ago (Subject: "Strange dcache memory pressure when highmem enabled"). I had been suspicious of the dcache for quote a while so that thread rang true. I guessed that a later 2.4aa kernel would be a good approach. Anyone had success with a more recent one? 2.4.19pre10aa4 has been rock-solid, and if it weren't for the dcache performance hit (and the ever increasing server load) I'd rather stick with it. -Jamie Clark