Hi! I realize it's 2.6 time but this problem is driving me nuts. I've searched LKML, RH bugzilla, Google, etc and cannot find a resolution. Machine has a Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 mobo (intel i875 chipset) with an Adaptec AHA-2940UW Pro PCI card, 3 SCSI drives, SDT-9000 DAT drive Intel P4 2.60GHz with (and without) HT 2 gig DDR400 non-ecc dual channel (mobo manufacturer certified) samsung memory Properly cooled case No special kernel options Redhat 7.3 with latest errata Module Size Used by Not tainted appletalk 28396 11 (autoclean) 3c59x 29192 1 st 30416 0 ext3 69600 4 jbd 51816 4 [ext3] aic7xxx 134784 5 sd_mod 12828 10 scsi_mod 110876 3 [st aic7xxx sd_mod] some oddities in dmesg; unexpected IO-APIC, detects some XEON? stuff Symptoms: The machine crashes after days or hours when using 2 gig memory. When using 512Mb it runs fine for weeks. I cannot come up with anything that triggers the crashes. Mem/disk/CPU load does not trigger it. Tried both SMP and UP, (turned on and off HT in BIOS, booted SMP/UP kernel) Replaced memory (different manufacturer, same specs) Replaced motherboard (from ASUS->Gigabyte, roughly same specs) Passes Memtest86 Anyone got any suggestions? /magnus attached two of the oopses (a couple more are attached compressed, including some with kernel BUGs in them)