* SII 3512+Seagate on Athlon64 system
@ 2003-12-02 21:44 Aron Rubin
From: Aron Rubin @ 2003-12-02 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ide, linux-kernel, Justin M. Forbes

SATA controller SII 3512 not recognized by driver. It looks like SII
3512 is almost identical to 3112 interface. I copy/paste/alterred all
code in ide/pci/siimage.[ch] with "3112" in it to "3512". It seems about
95% functional. Need help with remaining 5%, related to very, very, slow
controller comms during init with occational "Interrupt Lost" messages.
Seems like comms are out of sync and then resync over and over. Other
than that all drive info comes over. Ryan Earl's patch may fix, I would
be suprised if it was that simple though. I will try later today.

Aron

--

ssh aron@rubinium.org cat /dev/brain | grep ^work:

Aron Rubin                       Member, Engineering Staff
Lockheed Martin                  E-Mail: arubin@atl.lmco.com
Advanced Technology Laboratories Phone:  856.792.9865
3 Executive Campus               Fax:    856.792.9930
Cherry Hill, NJ USA 08002        Web:    http://www.atl.lmco.com

* Re: SII 3512+Seagate on Athlon64 system
@ 2003-12-03 12:43 ` Aron Rubin
From: Aron Rubin @ 2003-12-03 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aron Rubin; +Cc: linux-ide, linux-kernel, Justin M. Forbes, Andre Hedrick

Ryan Earl's patch did not fix this particular problem, so I am back to
needing help. Does slow but correct comms with an occational "hda: lost
interrupt" (about four total while talking to the drive) indicate that I
should be looking into something specific?

Aron