Bob wrote: > Craig Bradney wrote: > >> For the Athlon, keep in touch with the nforce thread on here.. There are >> patches due to timing issues with the nforce chipset. >> For me, so far, just using this one works: >> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/bart/2.6.0-test11-bart1/broken-out/nforce2-apic.patch [SNIP] > The patch works for a lot of people. I've seen those drive > errors, irq7 disabled, spurious 8259a messages with a > bios and acpi and apic and lapic and linux acpi handling > conflict usually related to nforce2 and amd cpu's are > usually involved. > > My nforce2 amd system got to working with apic and lapic > and acpi when I did a bios flash update. I also tried flashing the BIOS, but that was a complete disaster. I have a BioStar motherboard (M7NCD Pro), and when I flashed to the 1007 BIOS, I started getting segfaults during init, was unable to log in most times, and the machine was generally unusable. When I reflashed to the (old) 0630 BIOS, the above patch worked its magic. Incidentally, everyone should stay away from the 1007 BIOS for the M7NCD Pro. -Roberto