Hello, the OOM killer just killed some of my processes while the system still had >2.5 GB of free swap. I'm running vanilla 2.6.15 on my desktop. The machine is a single Athlon64, 1 GB RAM, 3 GB swap, x86_64 kernel, (mostly) i386 userland. A few days ago I have set /proc/sys/vm/swappiness to 0 to see whether it would increase the interactive performance. This was successful to some extent but with side effects as I just saw: I was compiling QT4 in /tmp which is a tmpfs, size 2.5 GB, of which ~1.0 GB were used at that moment. This was when the OOM killer decided to kill some (appearently random) processes. I was able to reproduce this behaviour a few minutes later. After setting /proc/sys/vm/swappiness to 10 everything is ok again. I have attached the kernel messages of the oom killer. Regards, Jim