From: "Janos Haar" <janos.haar@netcenter.hu>
To: <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: How can i read really 512 byte?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:25:27 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello list,

Now i am working on recover some data from one defective drive.
I am using dd_rescue, and dd, but both ready only 4K, i think, because the
kernel's block size is 4K.

I have tried to google for the solution, but only found this trick:

losetup /dev/loop0 /dev/hdc
blockdev --setbsz 512 /dev/hdc

and after this set, trying to read the hdc...

It looks like working on the first look, but not really. :-(
The 512 size bad sectors still have 4K sizes, but the reading attempt takes
more (8x ?) longer.

Somebody can help me to set the reading block size to 512 byte?

Thanks a lot,
Janos Haar