On Mon, 2020-01-06 at 19:26 +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote: > (+CC Ben Hutchings, H. Peter Anvin) > > In my understanding, the klibc build system is standalone. > So, the change in Linux kernel does not affect klibc at all. > Only the depending part is UAPI headers (make headers_install). > > So, this patch > (https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1175336/) > should be OK. > > Please correct me if I am wrong. I think you're right. [...] > I do not think so. > > As I stated above, the klibc build system is independent of > any script in the Linux kernel. > > The klibc Makefile refers to > scripts/gen_initramfs_list.sh, which does not exist. [...] Right. I believe the original intent was to include klibc in the kernel tree, so this would have existed because of that. There's no sign of that in the current klibc.git, but I think it might have gone through "git filter-branch" at some point after it was decided not to include it upstream. In any case, this was already broken for as long as klibc has been separate. Ben. -- Ben Hutchings Larkinson's Law: All laws are basically false.