* Menuconfig Error
@ 2004-01-25 22:41 Mark K Hannah
From: Mark K Hannah @ 2004-01-25 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mec, linux-kernel

Following error received while trying to get into "Advanced Linux Sound
Arch."  Crashes as soon as you select.

Also getting module compile errors...I assume it is because I can't get
into ALSA parameters to shut off usbaudio under ALSA.

Using Mandrake 9.2 and kernel-source-2.4.22-10mdk
Mark Hannah

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here is the error
report:

 Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu78: command not found

Please report this to the maintainer <mec@shout.net>.  You may also
send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>.

Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

* Re: Menuconfig Error
@ 2004-01-25 23:48 ` Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2004-01-25 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mk.hannah; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:41:27 +0000 Mark K Hannah <mk.hannah@verizon.net> wrote:

| Following error received while trying to get into "Advanced Linux Sound
| Arch."  Crashes as soon as you select.
|
| Also getting module compile errors...I assume it is because I can't get
| into ALSA parameters to shut off usbaudio under ALSA.
|
| Using Mandrake 9.2 and kernel-source-2.4.22-10mdk
| Mark Hannah
|

| Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
| configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here is the error
| report:
|
|  Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu78: command not found
|
| Please report this to the maintainer <mec@shout.net>.  You may also
| send a problem report to <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>.
|
| Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
| which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.
|
| make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

That's caused by Mandrake's integration of ALSA in 2.4.x.
Reportedly Mandrake has fixes for it, so please check with them.

--
~Randy

* Menuconfig Error
@ 2005-01-15  3:15 Chris
From: Chris @ 2005-01-15  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: mec

    I attempted to 'make menuconfig' on Redhat kernel 2.4.20-8.   When I
selected the 'Network options' menu I received the error 'Q>
scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCMenu18: Command not found

Regards

Chris

* Re: menuconfig error
@ 2004-01-30 22:45 ` Sam Ravnborg
From: Sam Ravnborg @ 2004-01-30 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Von York Sr.; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 05:04:41PM -0500, Eric Von York Sr. wrote:
> encountered the following error while trying to customize 2.4.22-10mdk on
> Mandrake Linux 9.2 . I was in the sound module, and when I clicked on the
> alsa sub-menu it barfed - and always does at this point.

Known issue with Mandrake kernels.
Go ask Mandrake for an update.

	Sam

* menuconfig error
@ 2004-01-30 22:04 Eric Von York Sr.
From: Eric Von York Sr. @ 2004-01-30 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

@ 2003-10-02 22:47 Michael Zouridakis
From: Michael Zouridakis @ 2003-10-02 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mec; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hello mate,

I was fooling around with menuconfig (for the first
time in my life :-)) and the following happened,
urging me to report it to you.
Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of
the kernel's configuration files and is unable to
continue.
Here is the error report:

Q> Scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu71: command not
found

make:***[menuconfig] Error 1
My kernel is 2.4.21mdk and the menu I was trying to
configure [;-)] was 'Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture' under the 'Sound' main menu item.

I want to grab this opportunity to send along
mamy-many-many thanks and my gratitude to you and all
the other people who make this wonderful world of
GNU/Linux and all the other Free SW possible.

My best regards
Michael Zouridakis
Brussels

* Re: menuconfig error
@ 2003-08-05  7:00 ` Tomas Szepe
From: Tomas Szepe @ 2003-08-05  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gael Lafond; +Cc: mec, linux-kernel

> [gaellafond@hotmail.com]
>
> I get an error on my kernel configuration
>
> Kernel
>        2.4.21-0.13mdk

-mdk, see?
Go bug Mandrake about this.

* menuconfig error
@ 2003-08-05  6:42 Gael Lafond
From: Gael Lafond @ 2003-08-05  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mec, linux-kernel

I get an error on my kernel configuration

Kernel
        2.4.21-0.13mdk

ERROR:
        Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu71: command not found

MENU:
        Sound --->
                Advanced Linux Sound Architecture --->

Gael

* menuconfig error
@ 2003-05-05 21:00 David van Hoose
From: David van Hoose @ 2003-05-05 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML

Menuconfig in 2.4.x allows me to load and save my configuration files to
/boot. Menuconfig in 2.5.x allows me to load the configuration from
/boot, but when I try to write to it, it tells me that it can't. I'm
logged in as root, so I see no reason why 2.4.x can and 2.5.x cannot.

Thanks,
David