David Mosberger wrote: > consistency = coherency + ordering That's one of the things I meant when I said the docs weren't quite there yet ... the dma_*() API docs don't address how to achieve the ordering, or even mention that it's an issue. Plus, there are definitions of coherency that include event ordering; it's not clear which definition is intended. Anyway, see the attached patch. It goes on top of 2.6.4-bk2 and passes my unlink tests (the ones that haven't been run much on recent kernels!) on several different OHCI hosts. Other issues may be lurking, but this seems to fix a handful of nasties that I could reproduce. - Dave