Srivatsa Vaddagiri wrote: > On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 10:28:53AM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote: > >>First of all, if you're proposing this stuff for inclusion, you >>should port it to the -mm tree, because I don't think Andrew >>will want any other scheduler work going in just now. It wouldn't >>be too hard. > > > Will send out today a patch against latest -mm tree! > > >>I think my stuff is a bit orthogonal to what you're attempting. >>And they should probably work well together. My "lazy migrate" >>patch means the tasklist lock does not need to be held at all, >>only the dying runqueue's lock. > > > Is there some place where I can download your patch (or is it in -mm tree)? > > I have attached it (against 2.6.5-mm1). I haven't actually tested it yet because I haven't got around to finding and using the i386 test code yet. It also contains a copule of cleanups: rename double_lock_balance to second_rq_lock, and make migrate_all_tasks static, and have the hotplug code call sched_cpu_stop. Comments would be welcome. Nick