Ingo Molnar wrote: > * K.R. Foley wrote: > > >>OK. This one builds just fine here. Again I tried booting preempt >>realtime. We were going along fine and then all hell broke loose on >>the console. Pressed Ctrl-s to stop the scrolling and it then bit the >>dust. It did manage to get into the logs this time and I am attaching >>that. This is a different SMP system that I use as a workstation at a >>client site. Dual 2.6GHz Xeons (with HT) 512MB > > > does the patch below make your system bootable? It should fix the two > most common messages you got. > > Ingo No. Attached log from this boot. Also worth noting: I have no keyboard while trying to boot this. This doesn't really surprise me, but I am seeing hit or miss on the keyboard (more times than not the keyboard is dead) with the T3 patch also. Doesn't seem to be an issue on my 933 SMP system at home. Is this a regression? Ideas? kr