Chris Ross escreveu: > Marcelo Tosatti escreveu: >> Chris, can you change the "500*HZ" in mm/vmscan.c balance_pgdat() >> function to "1000*HZ" and see what you get, please? > > ... I'll leave it running and see how it goes. The daily cron run is > a usually a popular time for killing off a few essential daemons > (ntpd, sshd &c), in fact I think the OOM Killer actually looks > forward to it :) As I suspected, like a recalcitrant teenager it was sneakily waiting until everyone was out then it threw a wild party with several ooms and an oops. See below... This, obviously is still without Kame's patch, just the same tree as before with the one change you asked for. Regards, Chris R.