Akinobu Mita wrote: > I've forgotten CC-ing. > > On Saturday 20 November 2004 10:05, Badari Pulavarty wrote: > > >>4) Load the second kernel to be booted using >> >> kexec -p --args-linux --append="root= dump >> init 1 memmap=exactmap memmap=640k@0 memmap=32M@16M" >> >>But kexec doesn't seem to like option "-p". >>Even when I removed "-p", its complaining about "--args-linux" There is a kexec-tools patch that is required to get the "-p" option working. I had sent it out only to the fastboot mailing list without updating kdump documentation. I will send out an updated documentation patch indicating this requirement (I will host the patch on some site and point to it in the document). Meanwhile, I am attaching the patch with this note. Kindly try kdump with this. Thanks! Regards, Hari