From: "Ing. Gianluca Alberici" <alberici@abinetworks.biz>
To: Prarit Bhargava <prarit@sgi.com>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bad disks or bug ?
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:24:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Prarit,

I run 2.4.27 on all my machines.

Never had problems but this (if we want to say its not a disk problem)

I have seen on mailing lists many people having this very problem,
always on hdb, with a lot of different kernel and machines.

I have basically two kind of cabinets:

- The 'Antec style' tower
- Racmount cases

Everything well cooled...i am sure bout that.

Always ASUS A7V, Athlon XP 2xxx+, NEVER OVERCLOCKED, of course...

Disks are mainly Maxtor, or IBM

Basically i was wondering whether to swap disks on a server just to try....

....These are the things that rave me mad !